Welcome to Live Free Peel Region
YMCA GTA Student Nutrition Program works to ensure children and youth in the Region of Peel attend school well nourished and ready to learn. There are over 215 Peel Student Nutrition Programs that are partnered with the YMCA of Greater Toronto serving over 14,000 students daily. The programs are set in a safe, caring and welcoming environment where children and youth can develop healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime. Student nutrition programs are designed to improve the learning capacity, health and well-being of children through the provision of healthy food before or during school. Our programs take a universal approach, and serve all children in the region, regardless of socioeconomic status.
Live Free in 2017
The Live Free campaign invites individuals, businesses and schools to live without something for one day, and donate its value to the Student Nutrition Programs in the area. The campaign is designed to raise awareness of child and youth hunger in our community and raise funds to support the more than 215 breakfast, snack and emergency lunch programs facilitated throughout the Region of Peel. 100% of funds raised through this campaign will directly support programs.
One in 10 children arrive at school without food every day.
Be the change. Live Free.
1. Complete the Live Free registration sheet and inform your Community Development Specialist how you plan to participate.
2. Set a goal to raise funds for your Student Nutrition Program.
3. A profile page will be created for you; please feel free to provide us with updates and pictures of your fundraising event.
4. Click on the live free @School tab above to see what other programs are doing to support the Campaign.
5. Invite friends, family or co-workers to support your promise to Live Free by donating.